How to use milk storage bags
Mommies may feel more at ease knowing that when they are away, babies can still benefit from the freshly expressed breast milk. A fantastic approach to make sure babies continue to receive all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients from breast milk is to pump it and store it. Breast milk storage bags are a simple, space-saving method to do this.
Useful Tips for Breast Milk Storage
Clearly label the breast milk with the date it was expressed.
- Do not store breast milk in the door of the refrigerator or freezer, as it will cause the breast milk from temperature changes due to the door opening and closing.
If mommies don’t think the freshly expressed breast milk will be used within 4 days, freeze it right away. This will help to protect the quality of the breast milk.
- Store small amounts to avoid wasting milk that might not be finished. Store in 2 to 4 ounces or the amount offered at one feeding.
Leave about one inch of space at the top of the container because breast milk expands as it freezes.
- If mommies wish to deliver breast milk to a child care provider, clearly label the container with the child’s name. Talk to your child care provider about any other requirements for labelling and storing breast milk.
Breast milk can be stored in an insulated cooler with frozen ice packs for up to 24 hours when mommies are travelling. At the destination, use the milk right away, store it in the refrigerator, or freeze it.
Steps to store breast milk into milk storage bag
Firstly, choose a milk storage bag that is good in quality, free from BPA and BPS, and free from chemical smell.
- Directly pumping breast milk or pouring freshly expressed breast milk from breast pump into the milk storage bag.
Mommies should label the baby’s name and the date and time of the breast milk collection on the milk storage bag. It is important to label the date and time on the milk storage bag because it enables the mothers to identify the older breast milk to be used first.
- Mommies should always remove the trapped air from the milk storage bag that contains mother’s milk to prolong its freshness. Moreover, the bubbles in the milk often lead to a freezer burn that interferes with its quality. It can also cause digestion problems in babies.
After that, it is best for mommies to store the breast milk in a refrigerator that has a freezer compartment with a separate freezer door. It is best to place the breast milk toward the back and away from the freezer door to avoid these temperature changes.
Can mommies reuse milk storage bags ?
No. Mommies should not reuse the milk storage bag. From a strictly health perspective, it is recommended that milk storage bags can only be used for just once. This is because a reused milk storage bag could pose a possible bacteria risk to babies due to hygiene reasons. Hence, mommies must discard the milk storage bags for one-time use after storing milk once.
How Milkee Lab Batik Milk Storage Bag eases mommies’ duty
Shapee Batik Milk Storage Bag is a good choice for every breastfeeding mother. With Batik Milk Storage Bag, every mommy will not have to worry about the freshly expressed breast milk being wasted. Besides that, a milk storage bag is also an essential to the working breastfeeding mothers. With it, mommies can store breast milk wherever and whenever. Plus, expressing breast milk is also an important element of ensuring breastmilk production, hence, Milkee Lab Batik Milk Storage Bag can definitely lessen the burden of mommies
The Batik Milk Storage Bag by Shapee is produced by using high quality materials such as:
- Thermal sensor feature on the milk storage bag allows mothers to know the most suitable breast milk temperature for babies (40-45 degrees).
- Food grade plastic that is BPA and BPS-free material with no chemical odour.
- Double zipper design, more secure, more leak-proof.
- A supportive bottom design allows the storage bag to stand upright or lie flat.
- Any pen including a ballpoint pen can record the date in the milk deposit bag.
- Has FDA approval.
- The milk storage bag is pre-sterilized to make it more safe to use